Course Duration: 3 years
Courses start: October
Tuition Fee: € 7,500
Gemstones and precious metals acquire unique ellegance and character when subjected to the jewellery designer's creative and design skills. Very curious by nature, jewellery designers attribute meanings to the system of signs and languages present in our everyday lives. By searching out and combining precious materials and synthetic stones, glassware, resin, and other materials, they enrich the individual's personal image with small telling details.
Jewellery Designers are professionals sensitive to the changes in taste and costume, interpreters of a system of signs and languages that permeates everyday life.
This course aims at instilling in students knowledge on project methodology; on materials, from metals, to gems and the most innovative and alternative materials; on work processes; on handicraft and industrial transformation technologies for luxury jewellery, goldsmithery, costume jewellery, silverware and precious objects.
The didactic methodology aims at improving knowledge on the latest computer tools and at enriching their designer sensitivity.
- High School graduate, with proof of high school diploma
- Students previously enrolled in an equivalent program, may apply for
direct entrance at the 2nd year or (in exceptional cases) the 3rd year. Must be poven with:
- Copy of your university/college diploma (if obtained)
- Transcript from your university/college previously attended (credits, amount of hours per subject, study programs)
- A portfolio of 15-20 examples of your projects (CD-ROM, e-mail
- A portfolio description sheet listing each piece by number, size, medium and date completed
- Proficiency in english TOEFL score 450, with proof of english course certificate or (phone) interview for bilingual students